Daniel R. Baden, C.P.A.
2000 Marbury Drive
District Heights, MD 20747
Responsibilities include safeguarding of all monies collected for the City of District Heights, the depositing and reporting of all funds used by the city, receiving and distributing all state funds to the city, creating and maintaining an accurate budget, and the safe investment of all monies not currently used by the city.
- Received Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree from the University of Maryland.
- Certified Public Accountant since 1988.
- Has served as treasurer for the City of District Heights since 1992.
- Also serves as treasurer for the towns of University Park, Maryland and Colmar Manor, Maryland.
- Dan is founder and president of Daniel R. Baden, C.P.A. Chartered, which offers a full range of accounting, financial and tax services to the general public.
- Has accumulated over 25 years of financial services experience which includes work with Doyle Inc, Blake Construction Co. and BCC Mechanical.
- As treasurer Dan has administered and obtained over $3.37 million in grants for the City of District Heights.
- Has prepared Bid Documents and Draft Contracts for resources and services such as but not limited to: gym floor renovation, city street sweeper, municipal building and recreation office renovation, Marbury & Valleybrooke Playgrounds, and street, sidewalk, curb and gutter improvements.
- As treasurer Dan has prepared manuals and procedures including the accounting procedure and personnel manuals.